Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Medium

I am trying to find a happy medium with my crafts. I find that I tend to do only one craft for about a month, then get bored and get interested in another craft etc. It is a vicious cycle and I never get anything completed this way. So each day I might do something different. The Yarn Harlot for example dedicated Tuesdays for spinning. I can do that! Maybe knitting can be for when I spend the night at Rob's house so I can do it while we watch TV. Yes, I think this is the only way to go. I know that some days I won't be able to do any crafts but oh well!

My list of crafts/hobbies are:

Knitting
Sewing
Spinning
Cross Stitch

That isn't too bad! If I dedicate at least one night a week to all of them I would be soooooo productive! Perhaps I will make a little calender =). I am not going to lie...I might sew more then that and maybe cross stitching will be every other week....but as long as I don't completely abandon any of them I am good =)

This weekend was for spinning.

YUM!
 

I got this yummy falkland fiber last October for the Spunky Club. It is called Field of Screams and practically spins itself!

Field of Screams
 

The first 2 oz of singles are done and I LOVE the colors! I am getting them pretty thin so I am hoping for sock yarn =)

Ready to Ply!
 

I also finished the BFL that has been on my Traveller FOREVER!! That wheel is having alot of problems lately so it was very hard to sit down and finish this fiber but I did it! I am going to ply on my Kiwi (to save the aggravation) until my Traveller is up and running again. I am hoping to get that started tonight =)

Next on the Wheel
 

I even pulled out my next spin! I bought this at a sheep festival a few weeks ago, the colors are amazing! It is merino and it is dreamy. I hope I have a better experience spinning this merino then the last time I tried it =/

So that was my crafty weekend and I am going to continue spinning tonight just so I can finish the BFL. I feel more productive already!

No comments:

Post a Comment